Posted for Dani Groh
The ASTD-Lincoln Board of Directors invited members to a Town Hall Meeting held on January 29, 2015 to discuss the transformation of the ASTD-Lincoln Chapter. During the meeting the 24 members attending discussed the most urgent topics facing our chapter and decisions around a solution. The options discussed were:
1. To dissolve the non-profit corporation known as ASTD-Lincoln
2. To become a GIG (Geographic Interest Group) of ATD Nebraska (the Omaha chapter), in which case we’d still have to dissolve and hope the Omaha chapter would accommodate us as a GIG
3. For volunteers to step up to fill critical open board of directors positions, which would need to be identified and descriptions provided as necessary.
There were questions around Board of Director position descriptions and time commitment involved. Some of the questions included:
· Do both VPs and directors need to attend board meetings?
· Must board meetings be held monthly or could they be less frequent?
· Can board meetings – AND events – be held in different places during the year?
· Is there a deadline for when we must get more board members in place?
To continue as a viable chapter please refer to the Board of Director Interest Survey. Please forward to any one you may know who has interest in ASTD-Lincoln. I ask each member to fill out a survey to indicate his/her level of interest in participating in discussions as well as areas of expertise that may be leveraged as the chapter begins planning beyond April 2015, and that the surveys be returned to me by Friday, February 6th (instructions on how to return are in the PDF - click on the link above).
Several members indicated an interest in either a VP or Director position or participating as a member of a committee. We will move forward at our next Board Meeting on February 9th, 8:15 am at “The Egg & I” restaurant at 1601 Q Street. I look forward to seeing you there!...........................Dani