Location: Omaha, Nebraska
For more information or to apply, visit the company website.
Agemark Senior Living, ranked #13 in the nation of Great Places to Work in Aging Services, is looking for a Director of Training & Development. This position will be at our corporate office in Elkhorn, NE. Reporting to the COO, the Director of Training & Development will be a key member of the Agemark senior leadership team and will be responsible for leadership oversight of the training and employee development function on a national scale. Make key strategic and operational decisions and oversee all training activities. Relied on to provide exemplary partnership and thought leadership to internal stakeholders to define solutions and create compelling and actionable development strategies.
We’re more than a company. We’re a family.
You hear it everywhere – companies describing themselves a family. But families are all different, and so is the way they look at work and life. This is what makes us the best kind of family.
We recognize each person’s talents, skills and personality and bring that into their position. We encourage people to become the best they can be and hold them to high standards. That’s because we believe in them, and their success. These family ties, so to speak, are part of every decision we make as a company.
We don't just work together – we laugh, eat and learn together as a staff and with our residents! We believe that every day can be a good one, for both employees and residents. Dedicated to this philosophy for more than 30 years, we’ve learned that the secret to everything – working, celebrating and even getting through the tough stuff – is doing it with love.
By working to create the kind of community we would want for our own loved ones, where warmth, love and respect are abundant, we also create a unique, positive and caring workplace. Feeling valuable, special and loved isn’t just a goal for our residents. It’s how we want everyone to feel at Agemark.
As the Director of Training & Development, you’ll be responsible for oversight of all organizational development and training functions including:
- Directing the needs assessment for training, organizational development, and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of Agemark and each individual communityProposing training and development programs and objectives
- Identifying and incorporating mandated training requirements according to all regulatory agencies and tracks completion
- Directing a broad range of organization development services for all levels of employees regarding talent development, succession planning, career paths, performance reviews, employee engagement and leadership development
- In collaboration with HR and the COO oversee employee development planning, implementation and ongoing maintenance of staff training, performance management and career planning
- Design, develop, and update development programs and training for all levels of management and employees
- Oversee the development of learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, lesson plans and other training and development products and services. Presents course materials as needed
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments to determine process improvement needs
- Assess effectiveness of training and development in terms of employee accomplishments and performance
- Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall agency performance
- Creates a learning and development strategy, vision and action plan to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Develop and implement plans to train a trainer at each property on particular topics
- Bachelor's degree in training and development, organizational development, human resources, or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Five to seven years of experience overseeing the training and development function for a company
- Seven to ten years of training and development experience to include designing and leading performance related strategies, leadership development, and change management
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certified Professional preferred
- Experience creating training programs and overseeing company wide initiative through to the end
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques
- Experience working with different software and hardware to help produce quality end products to be used across the company
- Experience working with employees across multiple locations
- Ability to assess needs, assess opportunities and find the best solution
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner
Come on, join the family!
If you’d like to join a group of passionate, caring people who use our collective experiences to positively impact the lives of our people every day, talk to us! Together, we're working to redefine what senior care should be. Learn more at www.agemark.com/careers. EOE.
Care, serve and love - because there's no other way to take care of family.