To apply, visit the LES career website.
Located in Lincoln, Nebraska, customer-owned LES is one of the nation’s leading utility companies. We’re recognized for low costs, reliability, financial stability, innovation, environmental stewardship, community involvement and exceptional customer service. So, if you are looking for a career, and not just a job; if you value working in an atmosphere that values passion and talent, high personal standards, service excellence, the environment and the community in which we live- LES may be the place for you.
Job Title: Learning and Development Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting Date: 1/2/2019
Closing Date: 1/21/2019
Employment Classification: Regular
Division: Corporate Operations
Starting Pay Range: $50,652.00 - $63,315.00
Develops and implements comprehensive programming for all corporate sponsored training, including compliance, technical, leadership, competency and succession planning training. Works in all functional areas to define existing and future training needs. Assists in delivering training in a timely, efficient, and effective manner, and documents all training by utilizing available technologies.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Accountability- Successful candidate will take ownership of assigned tasks and show a commitment to getting the job done. Will monitor and maintain high standards for performance, behavior, and ethics, and delivers on commitments and promises even in challenging times.
Communication- Ideal candidate must be able to communicate in a business-appropriate manner and adjust language and communication style to suit the audience and circumstances. Will need to effectively communicate using all common business channels (e.g. email, telephone, meetings, texting, etc.), and communicate negative, difficult, or sensitive messages effectively.
Detail Orientation- Pays close attention to ensure that tasks, products, and services are completed as close to perfect as possible. Digs into work requirements and asks appropriate questions to ensure that he/she fully understands the expectations, correct processes, and nuances. Shows patience in completing work to ensure quality, even when tasks are tedious or not preferred.
- Develops, implements, and maintains program governance and training templates for corporate-wide learning and development activities.
- Develops training-related programs, processes, and forms needed to manage training-related activities at LES.
Instructional Design- Requires the ability to apply systematic methodology rooted in instructional theory and models to design and develop content, learning events, and other solutions to support acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
- Creates, implements and maintains standardized training programs for all positions based on job competencies.
- Collaborates with training sponsors to develop course goals, syllabi, and content/curriculum.
Training Needs Analysis- Successful candidate must be proficient in identifying the training and development needs of the organization, considering strategic objectives as well as employee career goals. Must be able to identify gaps between employee training needs and actual training performed along with analyzing competency gaps at the organizational, departmental, and individual employee level.
- Conducts needs assessments to ensure conformity with mission and performs analysis on assessment results to develop comprehensive training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Organizational Management, or related field, and
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in area of assignment; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.